10 stories of people having supernatural experiences after dying and then coming back to life.
(Abhijñā) A Sanskrit word meaning “superknowledge” or “paranormal power” sometimes referred to as a siddhi. It is used in reference to five powers said to be attained by the Buddha and Buddhist ascetics as a result of their meditative discipline, usually listed as
(1) being able to assume any form at will (anyarupasakti),
(2) seeing at a distance or “divine eye” (daivyacaksus),
(3) hearing at a distance or “divine ear” (daivyasrotra),
(4) telepathy or “knowing the mind of another” (paracittajñana), and
(5) remembrance of previous lives (purvanirvasanusmrti).
© Copyright by the Theosophical Publishing House, Manila