10 stories of people having supernatural experiences after dying and then coming back to life.
The English book service for the blind was started in November 1909 under the auspices of the English Theosophical Order of Service and called “The Braille League.” The early members had first to learn Braille and this was far from easy since apart from learning the code, it is necessary to write on the reverse side of the paper and from right to left. The first theosophical books to be issued in Braille were The Ancient Wisdom, In the Outer Court, and Thought Power all by Annie Besant. By 1912 the group of workers had grown to 27 and several more books in Braille added to the library. Unfortunately the records do not disclose the date of the winding up of this service, the last reference traced is dated 1974.
A Braille Service was also for some years carried on at the Theosophical Society (TS) property Krotona at Ojai in California. Ole W. Dahl, born in Norway in 1869, joined the Theosophical Society in 1894; was the President-Founder of Association for Transposing Theosophical Literature into Braille, presumably at Krotona.
© Copyright by the Theosophical Publishing House, Manila