The Singapore Lodge conducts a regular course in Theosophy that has been crucial in the large membership of the lodge.
A Course on Theosophy and Meditation (ACTM) is conducted once or twice a year by the Singapore Lodge. The course comprises ten segments of three hours duration each. The entire course of ten segments is conducted over a three-week period. A Course in Theosophy & Meditation is free of charge and is a must for earnest truth seekers. The following subjects will be covered:
- The Different Planes of Nature - Knowing the different planes of nature; the different bodies of man and the different vehicles of consciousness.
- Man’s Evolution - A discourse on evolution; where we come from and where we are going to; the Law of Karma; Reincarnation as a process of evolution.
- Death & After - Putting death in its rightful place as a function of evolution. A discourse on the life after death and the harm of mourning for the dead.
- The Astral Plane - This is a continuation of the lecture on death and after. A general description of the Astral plane and its inhabitants. Man’s activities when the physical body is asleep and when he sheds his physical body at death.
- The Mental Plane - This is a continuation of the previous lecture on the astral plane when the man passes on to the Devachanic plane when he casts off his astral body. A short description of the heaven world and its inhabitants. Does everyone go to heaven?
- Thought-Forms - What are thought-forms? How your thoughts affect others, near or far from you. The virtue of having the right thoughts and the consequences of bad thoughts. Man’s responsibility in having positive thoughts.
- The Noble Eightfold Path - Guidelines on how to quicken the evolutionary pace; the perfection of virtues and the ideals of right living. Living the life of a true theosophist and finding peace and joy in the process.
- Basic Rules of Meditation - How to go about meditation and what results to expect; the 3 stages of meditation; how to train the monkey mind.
- Meditation for Development of the True Self - Insight into the real nature of thought and how it can be used in meditation for the development of the True Self.
- Meditation to achieve Union with the Divine - How meditation is used to achieve the ultimate goal of all meditation—Union with the Divine.
For further information, write to: email@example.com.